Let us celebrate this World Environment Day by creating a self-sustaining closed ecosystem just like our very own Earth.
At Casa, we support & encourage artisan groups to manufacture products using recyclable & sustainable raw materials and thus contribute towards reducing our carbon footprints.
Reasons you should BUY HANDMADE PRODUCTS-
- Remember those days, when you bought something and it lasted for a very long time? Most handmade items are made to last. They are made from a material that will withstand the time and the changes are that you are going to keep them for a long time
- When you buy a handmade gift you know that the maker is passionate about their craft so each gift is made with love. With handmade products, there’s always a lot of love, care & attention to detail to create something unique and to be treasured.
- You can visibly see the hard work and dedication that went into making each handmade treasure. These are techniques that are rooted in the foundation of our history, back to a time when craftsmanship and quality prevailed. Too often today these conventional techniques are replaced by shortcuts and conveniences allowed by our modern world. Let’s stay true to tradition and keep these time-honored skills alive.
- By supporting local artisans, you are actually investing money back into the community where you live, which is vital in today’s economy. You are supporting a person who may only have a small craft studio or just a room set aside in their home to pursue a trade that they love.
- Handmade means that an item is predominately made by human hands – not machinery. This conserves energy by reducing the need for large production facilities and eliminating any build of chemicals and waste. In an effort to pioneer a more sustainable future, handmade products are often made using green processes and many makers implement best practices for packaging.
In this current environment, shaped by rapidly changing economic events, it is crucial that we develop a deeper understanding of how goods are made and where the materials came from. Let’s reignite our desire and appreciation for local artisan gifts and craft processes.